Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The circle of life

                Soon we be coming to the mid year, my how time flies. Soon my daughter will be 4 years old..sigh. anyway just to write on this rather depressing day. Depressing why? Its hard to say, its more like trying to achieve something that is beyond your reach? Many at times I had thought that it would be achievable but alas I was wrong…so here is my 2 cents

 

                Certain times in life, humans look for many things, many people question the meaning of life and the purpose of us being on this world.  For those who has lost loved ones at a young age, the question digs far deeply in once’s mind. The goal of life as someone once told me is to find that place in the circle. To understand your function and keeping up with the function. Therefore, however we think that we are in control, in actual fact we can only plan and let god and fate takes it course. Some makes decisions and stick with it while some makes decisions but change their mind half way, often hurting others around them. Is there a safe way out?is there a book for the newbies out there? Sadly not. We take advise from our elders, close friends and family as they guide us on this journey. Of course for me, there are times, I wish I could escape to the old glory days when I was in entertainment or during the high flying corporate times when I was running my IT firm but I chose this route and know that come what may, I will have to be here and make the best of it. Making the best of it is perhaps the hardest  thing to do. Its easy to run away and escape while convincing yourself that it is GOD’S will or this is the best avenue but we don’t see or miss something that would mean far more important to us in the future.

 

                Certain parts in my life, I missed many things, decisions that lead me away from my sick brother and losing him forever still haunts me in my sleep (heck even waking times) therefore what is our purpose? Our goals? The cycle is

·         child (study, obedient and all rounder good)

·         Youth (Family values, improving ourselves)

·         Young& Free (Time to try everything, safetly knowing that someone will catch us when we fall)

·         Career (work work and more work. Build up )

·         Love (Husband and Wife time, the love and tribulations of this part of your life is important as it is the building blocks for the future generation)

·         Family(pace slows down as you start to have family, putting the family above everything else)

·         Retired(This is the fruits of life, relax and let the family take care of you and enjoy the comfort and love that you have built in your life)

 

Though it looks easy and clear cut BUT there are 1000 million ways that things could go wrong, if not the world wont be filled with divorced people, infidelity people, runaway kids and what not. This are the hurdles that we have to focus as once we lose sight of our objective then  we will lose those that are so dear to us. Should life pushes you to hard, take a moment, take a deep breath and ask yourself “Why did I chose this path ?” then you will find your niat (purpose) and you will find your way. Many a times, I get too stuck on something such as my online game (times till wee hours and $$ ) but nowdays, thanks to path of god, love of the family I am able to sit back, and look at it. Gone are the days of working till morning, sacrificing family time for that extra 1000 or closing a deal, I know now that what ever $$ is not worth missing the joy or smile of my kids and once missed it will never come again.. Izzany,I wished I was there with you, I would trade everything I was doing (material work) and just pack and go by yourside without thinking what I will do once I got fired BUT yeah I would be really worth it, for only to hear your voice and smile for one last time.. love you bro.

 

 

Peace.