Sunday, May 3, 2009

TIn LIfe..

                Its Sunday and im at work, SIGH… how I wish I could be home with the family. Nevertheless, later tonight I hope to take them to the funfair, you know the old funfair that stops by small towns for months end. My daughter is so excited to ride the ferris wheel , though looking at it, it surely doesn’t look like a ferris wheel at all but well children will be chidren.  I didn’t know what to write actually but while powering up the pc, I came across this picture (it was on the screen saver) so I thought, let me share this story with you all.

 

                The story began with the arrival of my uncle from London, he stays there now but he visits ever so often, Ami Chet is what we call him. In  my growing up years, ami chet was one of the more closer uncles to me, I was around during his growing up time and during the passing of my father and brothers, he made an effort to come back and offered his shoulder to cry on. As far, I know, ami chet went to London to study but then decide to stay on there and make his mark there. This is a hard choice because London is a foreign country and making a buck tere will surely not be easy.

 

                His effort, hardship and success story is journal on his own and I thinkit should be accorded to im to write about it but the lesson for me was that dreams and amibitions knows no bounds. He showed us that nothing is impossible, making a market in a land filled with Mat Salleh and raising his family while keeping in close touch with the family and our family values. This is what makes Shahabudin a great family, no matter how far we are, we get closer and tighter together. Anyway before I get carried away…lets go on.

 

                This event was held in Holiday Villa A.S and of course organized by our top event manager- Chik Zaa, we had gathered to celebrate Ami’s Chet daughter birthday and have a family dinner. I took the family and even Adik joined in the fun. He was far from walking stage at hs time…stumbling to most of the effect. It was Kierra’s first dinner party and she got dressed for the part, her date for the night was her uncle Ami Lah. They had a gala time together. What brings out the memory for me was the night itself, the participation by the family and the get together of all the brothers. I saw the cousins and how they interacted with each other. My wife was in pink dress with my daughter and we had a fun time with the family. That was good times, no troubles and my family was truly a happy family.

 

                This small moments was made possible by Ami Chet and it was a great night, we sang and laugh and all in all it was done without any mishaps. As my children grow up, I hope that we can do more of this, as for now, I have nephew and nieces and young cousins (ay they are still coming) with 1 more wedding to look forward to in December (my bro wedding is in May, so I guess that makes it two) In the end, as God bless us with his grace and generosity, I hope that we can remember the important things to us, as wealth distracts us, it is us that must find the strength to keep ourselves grounded and value the important things in life. There are many events and functions like this but for today, I thought I just write about this first, The values of family is not only in sickeness and misery but in happy times and celebration of each other, I am blessed that this was taught to me from young and I shall pass it on to my kids as they grow up. Do not forget our history as from this history and of memories are what our characters are built on thus pass on the message: We are family and damn proud to be one! From Ami Chet, I learned that although God gave his good fortunes in a London, it was his will and niat that he did the birthday party in A.S with the whole family and because of him, I now have a treasured memory of the wonderful night, with the family. Thank You Ami Chet..