Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Pushed then you bite"

As long there is a hello then there is always a goodbye. Ramadan is almost over and Syawal is just around the corner, millions of Muslims around the world would be celebrating and rejoice, for me this ramadan has been the most strenuous if not the hardest that i have had to endure. To many that read this, from my old work place or my home would know the things i talk about while those with sense would surely get what i mean.

It is said that ramadan is the truest time for a muslim to be tested, fasting is a must, to many fasting means not eating or drinking but to those who knows, it is to restrait oneself from tempatations and preserve self control. For me this ramadan, god tested me on all fronts, well 2 fronts to be exact. I was trained to perserve and survive but even my most daunted efforts and attempts, in the end, i had to throw in the towel and call it a day.

Come raya, my 2 soul providers will be away and shall only return to my arms on the 3rd day of raya. This is the begining of a long journey and time and time in the future i would have to explain the reason to them, every time i do, it will break my heart but what has been done cannot be undone and although for months and months i try to deny and avoid the issue, it is too late now and the path has been chosen. there is no turning back.

To top it all off, my office gave me the hardest time by invoking the constructive dismissal, yes i have to admit that during the house wars, my work performance drop and for not my dynamic team that was managing on ground level, it would have been a disaster. Somehow, during the months of April and May, i was promoted to HOD after an intense battle within the department but the crux of my house wars was during June and July which effected my performance. My Boss the head of the company (ED) failed me at this time i guess, insted of standing by my, she unleashed her hounds on me. months after months they tried to dig up stuff to nail me, in fact on one heated conversaion, where i was accused of non performance, i argued with my ED and her hound's backed with facts and figuers (in the history of my company no one ever disputed her) well i am a fighter, if im wrong then im wrong.
Many months i have wondered what happen to my Idol and mentor's mind as she put people not qualifed in vital postions, some merely yes man (women) than productive people. Once i argued why a video production head was given to someone with no video or IT background at all, apart from that her friends and family had video production shops (although rumor mill told me that she and boss had a fling back in the days so she can do no wrong in her eyes) this person in now the number 2 (or 3 ) in the structure of the company, handling all the IT and vital areas which she has no clue to do. It was during this heated that i was told to chosse: demotion or resign. I of course being the idiot that i was, i chose the demotion and 2 months later, they manage to dig enough dirt to hold a kangaroo court to pass a termination judgment on me.

The fact the the whole DI is a frace and was done out of the procedures and regulations did not matter to the HR dept, they produly chogged away and asked me to answer for some misconduct done in Februray , of which i had answered and awas cleared of the charge then (if i wasnt then why the heck was i promoted 1 month later) The sheer "management skills"of the ED is dazzling, she kept hiding in her room, expressing sickness but having regular meetings with staff to dictate movements and even clsoed my department and withold my wage prior to my inquiry , talk about justice. RPK, i now know how you feel. I had brought many things to the company, when the old guard left and leaving the department bear and empty, i had on my own fought to bring it back.
Now, if you ask me about justice, the person who replaced me is a person with no event, marketing or IT background, he joined the company as show manager, of which he failed and moved to operations which he failed as well and then to HR and met with failure again. would any respected manager or director do something like this? or why would they? to me it was personally motivated, i attacked her old fling and taken a swap at her managment skills, i wonder, how this ED of mine, who LOST the company's money of the tune of over RM300,000 in 2008 because her number 2 stole it right under her nose, escaped unpunished and now im the victim as well. The company is losing ground badly, all thier promotions and marketing look like a cheap sale now, no prestige at all, all going cheap cheap and i wonder how she sleeps at night?

To cut a long story short, i of course lodged a complaint with the labour office and after raya ends, we will see what kind of compensation i can get, to me, justice is justice, if you dont like it then come out and say it, dont find false reason to make people with famliy to lose their jobs. you terminate on different grounds but you go and smear my name on different ground. come on la, just because you are ED does not mean your GOD and can do whatever you please and i shall make sure that you know it, i do not want anyone else to be a victim of this maddness. "Berani Kerana Benar..Lawan Tetap Lawan