Friday, November 13, 2009

Family Ties..

Actually i wanted to write this quite some time ago but i have been busy, ya ya people like me also got work to do.
For those who dont actually know, i come from quite a big family, my dad was the eldest of 11 brothers, therefore you can just imagine the size of my family. Years ago, while my dad was still around, he would always tell me, "no man is an island"and towards his last years, he would instill in me to always stay close to the family. Me being the noob kid was always defiant and stubborn. then one day he was gone.

From that moment on, i realiased that i was totaly alone, mom was shocked and my brothers was far too young to understand, the family being the protective kind, came in to support and look out for us, my grandad was very concern of our well being and we were constantly looked after by him. i couldnt take the toll of pain, joined the airlines and was packed off to Sabah. For 3 years i was in the airlines, till one day i up and quit. Just like that. over the years, my brothers had grown and Zaki came to join me in KL, laters years Izzany came to join us as well. Thus there was the famous 3 stooges living in KL. To list out what happen to us or what we did, would take a long time and lets save it for another day. safe to say, we defied the family on many turns but all the while turning back to them when there was no where else to turn. The famliy never turned their backs on us, even when we did (or so we thought) but the point is what my father said came ringing in my head for the 1st time. Famliy! Family!

My life turned or as i like to put it, changed chapters on my wedding day. That was the second journey. Unfortunely we lost Zaki right after my wedding. I was lost. Zaki, who is my closest brother and ally for all my life is gone. till today i cant get over it, when my first child was born, i named her Zakierra, in honor of the uncle that she never met. During my marriage years, i tried and did my best to be the best husband, then life changed my chapters again. Zakierra was born.

The moment i laid eyes on this tiny miracle, i knew life was never gonna be the same again. I quit partying, drinking and devoted my time to provide her with the best things i could afford to give. Nong Iddraqi folowed and i had my perfect pair. After years of being in KL rat race, i decided to call it a day and return home to Kedah to raise the famliy. My plan was building a stable life for the famliy.The fact that i lost Izzany and never forgave myself for not being there for him during his last days, haunt me daily. I came back, found a stable job and for the first time in my life, everything was going according to plan, things were looking good, that is till life changed chapters on me again.

Not going into details, lets just put it that my partner decided to close the company and took off with one of the assets at the same time. Losing focus and going out of mind, i came back home. Broken, defeated and exhausted. all this while the biggest battle for my children was coming. I had no where to go or turn too. daily i looked at my son and swore to get her sister back. then the family came to my aid. with god's blessing and guidance, things start to open up and even as i write this, my heart is crushed because 5 years just went down the drain and im back at square one, no exactly how i planned to celebrate my 40th birthday but you can only plan, only god can grant, it bring tears to my eyes as the famliy rallied behind me, each in their own way, provided me support and options but something that i am not sure they know, they gave me HOPE. as all things with HOPE, i get a second wind, as i am focusing on my son and bringing back my daughter, they have given me  a second lease on life. i learn not to question what god has put in my path but rather to be thankful of what he has given me, good and bad, because you wont know the value of good without the bad. no amount of preaching or nagging cant replace 1st hand experience, now after they have rallied behind me, i too shall rally behind the family, not to look at what in its for me but rather doing things for the sake of the family, without ulterio motives or agenda, yes! folks, invest in the family as they invest in you, you can never go wrong. i write this to those that feel family is a nueasence or that you can live without them, THINK AGAIN! please remember you are nothing without your family. remember and crave it in your heart.

That my dear friends is what famliy is all about, not only there when you need them but always there, it took me a long time to realized it but better late than never, now even tempted by other big offers, i pledge to stay here, make my contributions to the family and let my children understand the important lesson that their grandfather wanted to teach me, NO MAN IS AN ISLAND. Dont wait, look at your family, brothers, sisters, uncle, auties, granddad, mother and father. Cherish them, value them and invest in your family, afterall FAMILY ALWAYS TAKES CARE OF ITS OWN.

till next time, happy hunting and remember, dont look at darkness of storm but rather look for the silver lining in the clouds.

Sherezal